Railway Support Services: Work
* 2008: Hire of Class 08 shunter 08881 to Lafarge at Quorn.
* 2008: Hire of 08881 to Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway to appear in their April diesel gala.
* July 2009: Debut working of last-built Class 08, 08927 at the GWR.
* April 2010: Hire of Class 08, 08927, to Pontypool & Blaenavon Railway on long-term loan.
* Plym Valley Railway: half mile tamping, alignment plus major re-canting (75mm reduced to 25mm) and re-alignment work.
* Swindon & Cricklade Railway: 1 mile plain line tamping; switch & crossing tamping (2 crossovers plus 1 lead - 5 units in total); major re-alignment work plus introduced cant on curves.
* Swanage Railway: tamp re-lay site at Herston plus connection from Norden to mainline at Motala groundframe.
* South Devon Railway: tamp re-lay site between MP 5/- and 5/I (with 125mm cant and transition down to 0mm) plus headshunt turnout at Totnes (reducing gradient) and turnout at Staverton (Bishops Bridge).
* West Somerset Railway: tamp three turnouts and spur onto new steam loco disposal pit at Bishops Lydeard. Additionally tamp pointwork at north end of Bishops Lydeard station introducing correct cant.
* Bluebell Railway: tamp through recently re-laid Sharpthorne Tunnel as well as maintenance tamp near Horsted Keynes. Tamp northern extension from Kingscote to tip face at Imberhorne.
* Pontypool & Blaenavon Railway: tamp entire line from Whistle Inn to Furness station as well as new extension south from Furness Sidings to Blaenavon station.
* Swindon & Cricklade Railway: tamp and line new extension south from Blunsdon to temporary stop block towards Swindon. Also maintenance tamp through Blunsdon station and north of Hayes Knoll.
* West Somerset Railway: maintenance tamp and re-canting work on various sites along the line (Minehead to Bishops Lydeard). Additionally, tamp new ‘triangle’ at Norton Fitzwarren.
* Bluebell Railway: tamp new site at East Grinstead - station site and plain line to north end of tip at Imberhorne.
* Rushden Transport Museum: tamp running line plus new extension.
* Great Central Railway: tamp numerous sites along the 7-mile, 60mph running line.
* Avon Valley Railway: Tamp running line, including switch and crossing work.
* Plym Valley Railway: Tamp extension.
* Battlefield Line Railway: Tamp relay sites along running line.
* West Somerset Railway: tamping relay sites at Washford, Dunster and Watchet.
* Swanage Railway: tamp various relay sites along the line, including some major slewing work.
* West Somerset Railway: tamp re-lay sites at Bishops Lydeard and Watersmeet Bridge.
* Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway: tamp northern extension from Toddington to Laverton.
* Ecclesbourne Valley Railway:
* South Devon Railway:
* Pontypool & Blaenavon Railway:
* Battlefield Line Railway:
MFD RERAILING GEAR
* December 2008: Rerailing of Class 24 locomotive, 24081, following derailment in Toddington yard.
* June 2009: Rerailing of a coach at Long Marston.
* July 2010: Movement of 4 coaches and steam loco at the NRM, York.
* May 2009: As part of one of the biggest land remediation projects in Europe to date, costing £1billion and expected to take 20-years to complete, the regeneration of the former BP oil refinery plant at Llandarcy in south Wales into an eco-town required the old sidings to be removed. Railway Support Services recovered the disused railway track from the site on behalf of Hawk Developers, this included reclaiming just over two miles of rail of various lengths, profiles and wear, 12 turnouts, 1 double slip, 450+ pairs of fishplates and several thousand fishbolts, keys and sleepers of varying quality.
* Late 2009/Early 2010: Installing six additional turnouts, loops and numerous sidings into a new carriage shed at the West Coast Railways depot in Carnforth as part of their expansion plan.
* July 2010: Build 2 points on site at North Weld (Epping Ongar Railway).
* Supply and installation of several hundred meters of 98lb flat bottom track for film set “The Invention of Hugo Cabret” at Longcross Studios, Surrey.
Railway Support Services have been asked to consult and project-manage the re-signalling scheme of Bodmin General station on the Bodmin and Wenford Railway. This is an ongoing project and expected to be completed in late summer 2010.
ROAD RAIL HIRE
* April 2009: Hired to the Foxfield Railway to assist with the erection of their new water tower.
* Sept 2010: Used on the set of “The Invention of Hugo Cabret” film to in London to lay trackwork, ballast and move stock around.
* 2010: Used on the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway to recover track from the Gotherington slip site.